KODE

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

skei
Established Member

KODE

Post by skei »

KODE
(v0.0.0)
my personal plugin framework.. in progress..
ladspa, dssi, lv2, vst2, vst3, standalone executable
(update: i will probably rip out the ladspa, dssi and lv2 code, and keep only vst2/3, plus standalone)

https://github.com/skei/kode

gui (xcb, cairo) is coming along nicely.

Last edited by skei on Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
todo..

Basslint
Established Member

Re: KODE

Post by Basslint »

Great! I like the kind of C++ you are writing, makes sense for real-time programs.

As soon as you start making releases, I will make an openSUSE package for it :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Wanna make music on openSUSE? Check out Geekos DAW!

skei
Established Member

Post by skei »

Basslint wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:19 am
As soon as you start making releases, I will make an openSUSE package for it :D
cool! that would be awesome!
todo..

skei
Established Member

Post by skei »

gui progress.. everything is scaleable, stretchable, autoalignable, userdrawable,.. :-)

todo..

skei
Established Member

Post by skei »

been busy making music, and finalizing (yet another) album, but now that i have a bit more time available, i plan to pick up the pace, and continue where i left off..

made a short gif to better show some of the features of the gui system "in motion", and a few of the existing widgets.. each widget has its own settings for child/parent hierarchy, drawing, stretching, scaling, autoalignment, etc, and with that you can make some pretty intricate interface setups..

it's not using any gui toolkit, everything is coded from scratch, and only using lowlevel xlib (xcb) and cairo.. note that the low framerate is because of peek.. everything is actually smooth and fluid here.. but there's some obvious glitches and shortcomings seen in the gif that i will start fixing now that things seem to work as i want..

i have mostly been focused on the functionality, not the visual appearances.. i made everything gray and boring on purpose :-) since the painting is decoupled from the event system, you can easily make the widgets look exactly how you want.. using bitmaps, or vector graphics or a combination..
todo..

Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

skei wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:39 am

it's not using any gui toolkit, everything is coded from scratch, and only using lowlevel xlib (xcb) and cairo.. note that the low framerate is because of peek.. everything is actually smooth and fluid here.. but there's some obvious glitches and shortcomings seen in the gif that i will start fixing now that things seem to work as i want..

i have mostly been focused on the functionality, not the visual appearances.. i made everything gray and boring on purpose :-) since the painting is decoupled from the event system, you can easily make the widgets look exactly how you want.. using bitmaps, or vector graphics or a combination..
Looks great for plugins!

Wouldn't using xlib and xcb be a problem for Wayland users (I don't use Wayland, just wondering)?
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Wanna make music on openSUSE? Check out Geekos DAW!

skei
Established Member

Post by skei »

Basslint wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 2:28 pm
Wouldn't using xlib and xcb be a problem for Wayland users (I don't use Wayland, just wondering)?
i don't use wayland either, and don't plan to, unless i have to.. :?
but the os/gui-level part is separated from the rest of the code, so it should be easy to make a wayland backend, if it becomes necessary..
also, until wayland takes over completely (if ever), there are things like xwayland..
todo..