dkbuilder: from circuit to LV2 plugin

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

Re: dkbuilder: from circuit to LV2 plugin

Post by tramp »

sadko4u wrote:The example images in the starting post have been lost. Could you please reload them?
Hmm, no problem here to see them, they be there for the next 2 years.
milk wrote:I'm wondering about the possibility of using dkbuilder to create LV2 plugins of modular synth modules. I guess this should be possible, though I also guess there isn't yet support for marking an input or output as CV?
Nope. As I said in other conversations, this is a part were I'm not interested in. But, hey, it's open source, it's written in python, so, it wont be to hard to modify the build scripts to implement that.
On the road again.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

tramp wrote:
sadko4u wrote:The example images in the starting post have been lost. Could you please reload them?
Hmm, no problem here to see them, they be there for the next 2 years.
It seems, that russian providers are blocking the resource where you've placed pictures.
From foreigh proxy they are shown well.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Work is going on, latest state is, allow to build plain faust code (no foreign function needed) from non-linear circuits. This will allow to use the generated faust code in the online compiler to generate a binary of your choice, or, use it with mephisto.lv2, to use it directly within your LV2 host of choice.
On the road again.
Dominique
Established Member

Post by Dominique »

It was a long time ago. I succeded to make a gentoo ebuild to install slivot from the debian source package. It can be find here, on dev-libs/slicot: https://github.com/domichel/GenCool

Also with it, I get a missing symbol with lapack. It was solved by moving to openblas. It take longer to compile, but work fine and should be faster. According to the gentoo wiki, openblas and openlapack are the best alternative.

The simu.py scripts is running fine. When I go into the scripts directory, and run 'python build-blueclipper.py', it fail with:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/dom/softs/0_audio/guitarix/trunk/tools/dsp2cc", line 2337, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/dom/softs/0_audio/guitarix/trunk/tools/dsp2cc", line 2317, in main
    options)
  File "/home/dom/softs/0_audio/guitarix/trunk/tools/dsp2cc", line 563, in __init__
    self.faust_version = headvers.group(3)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

hi @Dominique
Works here.
After you've started the dkbuilder virtual env you must point your terminal to the script folder, then you could run

python build-blueclipper.py
But note that this is the old way to create plugins.
The new build-plug.py script is much better and easier to use.
On the road again.
Dominique
Established Member

Post by Dominique »

tramp wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:21 am The new build-plug.py script is much better and easier to use.
Yes, it work fine.

I just pushed a gentoo ebuild on github.

USE="dkbuilder" emerge -a guitarix
will install guitarix as usual, but with the dkbuilder and its dependencies.

The dkbuilder is installed world writable in "/usr/share/guitarix/". That doesn't follow the gentoo policy about file permissions, but one install will install everything and it work for the user. It made a script which can be used by the user to setup the virtual environment. It should work work other distributions and it work when the sources are installed into $HOME/somewhere. When called without argument, it show a help message.

The main difference is than it create a '/.dkbuilderrc file which contain the command that must be sourced by bash. That way, you only need to edit ~/.bashrc one time. It is an easy solution to not get doubloons when you run it several times.
https://github.com/domichel/GenCool/blo ... /dkbuilder