Startup for Qt Creator project? or equivalent

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

juhana
Established Member

Startup for Qt Creator project? or equivalent

Post by juhana »

I have Qt Creator installed in Windows, but I have no idea how to start an audio editor project. Years ago in GNU/Linux, I coded a simple audio editor with two processes: one for audio engine, and one for editor which did send command messages to the audio engine. In GNU/Linux, all was trivial to do.

I would like to have a working audio project as startup in Windows Qt Creator. Does Qt have cross-platform audio system? For GUI, I need only one pixmap and callbacks for events, because I do graphics rendering and layout on my own.

I use Audacity daily, and it is fine. I just need more features which Audacity never will have.
Lyberta
Established Member

Re: Startup for Qt Creator project? or equivalent

Post by Lyberta »

Strange idea to ask about Windows on a Linux forum but this looks like a good start: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/audiooverview.html

For realtime audio on Windows you'd want ASIO and I have no idea how to work with it.
juhana
Established Member

Post by juhana »

Yeah, I used GNU/Linux nearly 20 years for coding. Then I had to buy stock computer which has Windows 8: GNU/Linux did not install 4+ years ago. Now I have GNU/Linux installed but BIOS looses the boot option - only Windows available. Sad. I should have Windows program to rewrite the Debian boot options to BIOS.

Anyway, Audacity is multiplatform. Uses Portaudio for multiplatform audio (verify). I'm assuming my software would compile in GNU/Linux as well, whenever, if ever, I would get one working.
Lyberta
Established Member

Post by Lyberta »

You can try booting a live image of, say, Debian and fix boot stuff with efibootmgr. It's really strange that the boot option disappeared.