Looking for documentation review for a spectral synthesizer

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Onirom
Established Member

Looking for documentation review for a spectral synthesizer

Post by Onirom »

Hello,

i am the creator of the Fragment software which is a spectral synthesizer: viewtopic.php?t=16668

Fragment was updated recently with quite powerful multitimbral abilities, multiple audio output, MIDI devices support and a much needed live-coding features, the website has also been updated, this make it almost "finished" as an experiment although there is still many ideas/functionalities to experiment with and maybe integrate.

Since Fragment is some kind of live coding environment, i am posting in this section.

I am looking for peoples with programming knowledges, strong knowledges in synthesis who would like to review the documentation that will be provided soon with the software, what would help would be to test the software along with the documentation at the same time and report things that should be improved, fixed, reworded etc.

One of the most important goal for Fragment is to try to document it so that anyone interested with this kind of synthesis could start to shape sounds, experiment quickly and most importantly freely.

I would like to know if there is at least some interest right now, the WIP documentation can actually be found in the github repository altough there is no html produced yet (but this can be fixed easily :P)
Onirom
Established Member

Re: Looking for documentation review for a spectral synthesizer

Post by Onirom »

Here is the link to a draft of the documentation since it will be more useful that way:

https://www.fsynth.com/documentation

There is still many things to fix as it is a work in progress and many code samples are still missing to do the "cool" stuff.

Anyway, suggestions/reviews/help is welcome!