hihat cc control plugin

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

eric71
Established Member

hihat cc control plugin

Post by eric71 »

I'm not a programmer, and I guess I'm interested in how difficult it might be to make a midi plugin to adjust a midi note based on a cc value. I have used a js plugin in Reaper that looks like this:
http://stash.reaper.fm/3259/CC%20HiHat% ... r_v0.3.jpg

I have used it in front of drum plugins that do not do this natively for my Alesis drum kit. Since moving to fully Linux native hosts and plugins, I have relied on tweaking sfz drum kits for this (locc/hicc) and get good results with my modified salamander kit and cut-down ogg SM kit. But I'd also like to use Drumgizmo or other solutions, and I haven't found a midi plugin that can do this, other than editing midi after I have recorded.

Would this be possible to implement as a linux native plugin, or perhaps has someone done it already?

Edit: And for my purposes, it could be much simpler than the js pluging in the photo, as my kit is an Aleses DM Lite, which does not do continuous pedal control - more like on/off for the hihat pedal. It always sends a note 46 when the hihat is struck, but if the pedal is closed, it sends a cc4 value of 127 also. So maybe a plugin that will send 46 when it receives 46 and cc4 0-70 and 42 when it receives 46 and cc4 71-127. Although I'm sure real drummers (which I am not) with better eDrums might enjoy having more gradations of openess with their hihats :)