Dejavuagain (A Live Looper)

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

zackeff
Established Member

Dejavuagain (A Live Looper)

Post by zackeff »

I've been working on this looper for a while. I wanted something like what you'd find in a stomp pedal, but with more flexibility. This is a really simple looper. The only other looper for Linux I've seen is Sooper Looper, which is nice, but somehow didn't cover what I was looking for. Dejavuagain is *very basic*. It doesn't have many bells and whistles, but does pretty much everything you'd normally expect in a stompbox style looper. There are four loops, MIDI synchronization (acts as the master), Jack Audio and ALSA MIDI enabled, all of the basic functions including record, overdub, trigger, switch loop, etc. It's missing some of the advanced stuff like adjusting loop levels, playing multiple loops at once, reverse, half speed, multiply, etc. And this is definitely a personal project and an Alpha release. But who knows, if some folks try it out and like it, maybe I'll take bug fix requests. I use the looper all the time and have been for a while, so it's fairly stable, but there are sure to be some weird bugs strewn about. :-) There's a README file included and you'll have to build from source (which means making sure requirements are installed and then running a couple of commands described in the README). Good luck!

http://www.mthed.net/transfer/dejavuagain-0.001.tar.gz