Hi

Practical tips for recording, editing, and mastering.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Mahzin
Established Member

Hi

Post by Mahzin »

My name is Marcos Gomes, I'm a mixing and mastering engineer, but also graduated about producing too, 3 courses taken I am here to interact.

I also wish to know if you're using the Calf plug-ins if I can use them for professional purposes, for tracks that will be commercial.
milo
Established Member

Re: Hi

Post by milo »

Yes, you can use Calf for professional audio. I would also recommend the x42-plugins. If you need a good reverb then try Dragonfly. There are many other plugin sets, but those are my favorites.
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Hello Mahzin,

none of the free (as in freedom) licenses prohibit commercial usage. Not only that but no software license I know of requires you to release your works under the same license as the software itself. There is a lot of disinformation spread about things like "viral licenses" and the such. You can safely use everything you find under FSF or OSI approved licenses without these concerns, including the CALF suite.

Another suite of plugins you might enjoy is LSP by @sadko4u.
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Mahzin
Established Member

Post by Mahzin »

Thank you.

I use Mixbus v7 and like the Reverb + Multiband Limiter + Multiband Enhancer + 5 Band eq from Calf, marvelous plug-ins, also use the x42 plugin about ISP limiting, very good!!!!!
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

You are welcome.
Here http://linuxmusic.rocks/, https://github.com/nodiscc/awesome-linuxaudio, ... you can find an overview of software.
Also have a look at the links in my signature.
HF@LM :-)
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
Mahzin
Established Member

Post by Mahzin »

Basslint wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:30 am Hello Mahzin,

none of the free (as in freedom) licenses prohibit commercial usage. Not only that but no software license I know of requires you to release your works under the same license as the software itself. There is a lot of disinformation spread about things like "viral licenses" and the such. You can safely use everything you find under FSF or OSI approved licenses without these concerns, including the CALF suite.

Another suite of plugins you might enjoy is LSP by @sadko4u.
The revival of this thread is just to explain: I saw a video about GPL v2 and v3 and v3 is so 'free' that all should be free about the code as I know, but I can be wrong so I was thinking if it's truth, if the usage should be for free things too. Because I am a professional mixing and mastering engineer, so if I buy a macOS based computer for the future will wish to use the plug-ins. Thanks for who answered me :D.