The Libre Music Challenge is an event that originated in the chat server run by producer/musician/youtuber Unfa.
Every 1st Sunday of the month a new challenge starts, and we try to make if fun and educational.
In this challenge we use only free audio software and some general rules apply (check viewtopic.php?f=24&t=21662)
Sometimes special rules apply as you can read further down this post.
For our next challenge you are asked to make a short jingle using only Geonkick as the instruments.
You can read from the README that :
But in this challenge we ask you to take it a step further and try to make other interesting sounds as well.Geonkick - a free software percussion synthesizer.
Geonkick is a synthesizer that can synthesize elements of percussion. The most basic examples are: kicks, snares, hit-hats, shakers, claps.
There's excellent documentation here : https://gitlab.com/iurie-sw/geonkick/-/ ... ntation.md
Here are the rules for this month
- The general rules still apply (check viewtopic.php?f=24&t=21662) with exception for the track length which for this challenge may be between 5 to 30 seconds.
- You can use as many Geonkick instances as needed.
- Please note that although Geonkick can load samples, all sounds must originate from Geonkick itself, so no external samples.
It's fine however to record the output of Geonkick and use that as a sample to load in Geonkick
- Any and all processing after Geonkick is perfectly fine (eq, compression, reverb, pitch shift , etc, it's all good).
- Submissions must be in on the 26th of July
Good luck and if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.