44.1 kHz is slowly reaching its end

Practical tips for recording, editing, and mastering.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Lyberta
Established Member

Re: stayin' alive stayin' alive

Post by Lyberta »

protozone wrote:Wow, that's amazing.
I didn't realise it had progressed to that level of sophistication.
It's been a while since I've read about that type of thing. Is that broadcast WAV format, or just regular WAV?
Actually, it was since the beginning. Number of channels and bit depth are stored as 16 bit integers and sample rate as 32 bit one. The main limitation is that the file size is stored as 32 bit integer which limits it at 4 GiB. WAV64 fixes this.
protozone
Established Member

Re: 44.1 kHz is slowly reaching its end

Post by protozone »

wow, thanks.

@42low, those prices of cassettes really are astounding.
I used to use chrome and metal tapes all the time! ($2-$5 each I think? back then)
Lyberta
Established Member

Post by Lyberta »

42low wrote:TOTAL BULLSHIT. As within the 48khz the older 44.1 digital information still will remain and that's more then enough for the hearing range. Nyquist, as everyone knows. Exactly what you use as argument if this is discussed.
That's so nice of you to say after distortion was proved by another member in this thread.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Why don't you guys provide actual scientifically produced data? "You're wrong" "no, you're wrong" is tedious and pointless.
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

Sigh :cry:
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

42low wrote:I won't, as any with some background in this knows 48khz kan include all 44.1khz information, and will if you use the right/good process for converting, so no loss.
So there's no need to "prove".

And why should i do the affort to "prove" as you and your pack will only grab the oppertunity to try to burn it down.
You won't fuck up this discussion sysrqeer. :lol:

I'll stop it. :mrgreen: Yep your bullshit is totally right.
Don't expect anyone to take you seriously then.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

I know you have a victim complex but I have never been nasty to you. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you and discussing why then I feel very sorry for you.

Do you honestly think this is an appropriate way to act? I suggested that you provide some data instead of slinging mud at each other like children and you respond with swearing and abuse. As this is not an adult website/forum I think your actions are extremely inappropriate.