Vangelis Alpha , Pitch bend ?

Practical tips for recording, editing, and mastering.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Gps
Established Member

Re: Vangelis Alpha , Pitch bend ?

Post by Gps »

Gps wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:53 pm I think this is what I need. (and a cable from usb B to usb A)

https://www.pcfelectronics.nl/nl/usb-b- ... zwart.html

I have contacted consumer support, To find out if male and female is the only difference. (or that there could be more differences)
I ordered that thingy and an USB B to USB A cable. I got a reply from them, and there seems to be two types of USB B.
One looks totally different then this one, so I should be safe.

If not only 10 euro lost and that's including postage.

I think this is the one:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224782303025 ... SwKMJh2xXV

I do have a smaller midi controller that does work, so if this attempt fails, I might throw it away.
Gps
Established Member

Post by Gps »

I just got a package delivered, but something went wrong.

I got the right USB B connector to solder on a circuit-board, but the cable they send along is not USB B to USB A, but USB A to Micro usb.

Were are the good old days, were electronics were easy to solder. This connector has 4 pins that go into the circuit board, which are so close together this will be a challenge. I do have a magnifier glass, so fingers crossed. I do remember those pins from the old connector I removed.

Not sure what i will do about the cable. I still need a USB B to USB A cable, but those are easy to get.
They did send the wrong one, but I am not sure I am wiling to go through the process of sending it back.
I will report they made a mistake though.
Gps
Established Member

Post by Gps »

I just got an email from the webstore. They said they made a mistake, and the right cable should be delivered today. :)

Been trying some pitchbending with Synth1, but I have to ask about this on the LMMS forum.
Maybe it can't be done the way I am trying.

Set synth1 modwheel 1, to pitchbend. Then drag midi control src1, into a automation track

Maybe I need a second automation track, were I have to set pitchbend too, I am a bit lost. :)

Edit: Mail just got delivered, and I now have the right cable. (USB-B to USB A).
this cable really fits snug into the connector, which is a good start, because this was the problem when I got this (second hand) midi controller.
Worn USB B connection. Fingers crossed, I can fix this.