We've noticed people on social media posting music with the tag #looptober and after some discussion we decided to join in, with a twist.Libre Music Challenge #13 : Looptober
- make 10 loops.
- loops should be in the key of G minor (if a tonality applies to your loop)
- loops should be at 133 bpm
- loops should fit together to create new loops, think of it as an old skool loop construction kit.
- loops are licensed under
This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format,
so long as attribution is given to the creator. The license allows for commercial use.
If you remix, adapt, or build upon the material, you must license the modified material under identical terms.
- deadline of submissions is 31-10-2021 (your local time is fine, I'm not gonna bother with time zones and such )
After some discussion we came up with the idea to take the word loop a bit more literal, so we're not gonna make some loop based songs or short loop based musical pieces, but actual loops that can be used to create new loops.
Check the above tl;dr for the rules of the loops.
In the end we hope to have a collection of loops, all in the same key and tempo, upon which others (or you!) can create new musical ideas.
Of course you must use free (libre) audio software only.
- although the looptober idea was picked up from mastodon, there's absolutely no obligation to post your loops there or a need to have an account
- You can use other sample/audio based material if the license allows that. Please specify the source and license if you use existing material.
- There's no chord progression or musical style you must stick to, please be creative.
- For example the base tempo is 133 but you can of course double time or half time that if you like.
- The base key is G minor , but you aren't restricted to tonal music. If you want to make screaching noise based loops, go ahead.
- Rules are nice, but nothing is set in stone. We do this together.