How to bring music out

Practical tips for recording, editing, and mastering.

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

OccinticLady
Established Member

How to bring music out

Post by OccinticLady »

Hi all,
Okay, so...I assume "producing" music is not an option yet. My stuff is way way way too embrionic to say the least.
Nonetheless....is there a proper way to bring out your music and still get is somewhat protected?
Thanks
Melissa
milo
Established Member

Re: How to bring music out

Post by milo »

Protected from what? From being listened to?

If some music studio really wants to swipe your music and profit off of it, then you have very little recourse. Your pockets just aren't as deep as theirs. You will go bankrupt before you get justice.

But the good news (and, incidentally, the bad news) is that they don't really want to swipe your music. Or mine. Maybe if I had music that was worth swiping ...

Your best bet as a beginner is to just make your tunes and put them out there in as open a way as possible. Don't put any obstruction between your music and your potential fans. Not a paywall. Not a download restriction. Put it out there for free. And just learn as much as you can and have fun! Over time you will get better at your craft, and if your stuff is good you will have listeners.
OccinticLady
Established Member

Post by OccinticLady »

milo wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:51 am Protected from what? From being listened to?

If some music studio really wants to swipe your music and profit off of it, then you have very little recourse. Your pockets just aren't as deep as theirs. You will go bankrupt before you get justice.

But the good news (and, incidentally, the bad news) is that they don't really want to swipe your music. Or mine. Maybe if I had music that was worth swiping ...

Your best bet as a beginner is to just make your tunes and put them out there in as open a way as possible. Don't put any obstruction between your music and your potential fans. Not a paywall. Not a download restriction. Put it out there for free. And just learn as much as you can and have fun! Over time you will get better at your craft, and if your stuff is good you will have listeners.
Hi, thank you so much! This has encouraged me a lot.
I guess...just use music what is was intended for in the first place: entertainment.
Melissa
Last edited by OccinticLady on Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

Soundcloud could be one way.
It's for music only. So, no need to create videos.
You can setup a license for each song separately including all rights reserved to you.
The free account gives you option to upload 2 hours of music.
See my link in signature.
OccinticLady
Established Member

Post by OccinticLady »

TAERSH wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:03 pm Soundcloud could be one way.
It's for music only. So, no need to create videos.
You can setup a license for each song separately including all rights reserved to you.
The free account gives you option to upload 2 hours of music.
See my link in signature.
Ah, great idea! That way, I can get feedback for what I do.
I may nog even reach 30 minutes worth of FLAC, let alone two whole hours :lol:
Well, the next step is reading up on these licence parameters, thanks :D
Melissa
Eli
Established Member

Post by Eli »

Soundcloud and Bandcamp for uploading yourself, free of charge.

Or, you can give $20 to Distrokid or Tunecore and they'll distribute your song to many, many outlets like Spotify, Deezer, iTunes, Amazon, etc.

You can use the website BMI to register your music for copyright, free of charge... But it's not insanely important unless you plan on suing someone.