Guitarix Segmentation fault

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: Guitarix Segmentation fault

Post by funkmuscle »

SVN revision 63 fixed it...
Thanx Buddy
stratotak
Established Member

Post by stratotak »

Pc I compiled it on has a Athlon XP cpu..I can use aps like Hydrogen,zynabbsubfx,Rackarack,ArdourVST,I can use LinPlug albino through Dssi-vst .I have a audigy 2 that has midi on the card and I have it set to load a soundfont at boot .Dont know if that would cause some issues.But I dont have any issues using midi with other apps.Actually Im doing a new Debian install.Debians wine version from wine site had issue compiling programs like wineasio,dssi-vst,ardourvst.So I wa using debians old version of wine..The package maintainer has uploaded a new fixed version and I deicded to start from scratch with 1.1.17 wine..so Im compiling Ardour right now..Once I get that setup Ill try and compile guitarix svn again and see what happens..
brummer

Post by brummer »

Hi

I guess this bug is solved now, if not, if anyone have a prob with compile and/or run guitarix,
please let me know. You could mail me (my mail adress is in the ReadMe), or you can use the guitarix forum on sourcefourge without registration or login.
http://apps.sourceforge.net/phpbb/guitarix/

regards brummer
rshendershot

Post by rshendershot »

Hello brummer

I really like guitarix. I run Fedora 11, gnome on x86_64. I can give more detail of my system, just ask.

I find that guitarix runs the first time just fine (when jack is already running - I use qjackctl for that) but segfaults every run after that.

If I instead launch it this way

Code: Select all

rm guitarixrc  ; guitarix
then it will run.
brummer

Post by brummer »

Hi rshendershot

Do you run the guitarix package from the fedora repro ? It's ver. 0.05.0-2 I guess ?
Could you please post the guitarixrc file, there must be a controller out of range, that's strange, I will see witch one it is.
Do you run a 64bit system ?

greatz brummer
godaws

Post by godaws »

Hi

I'm new both to Ubuntu and Guitarix, but thought my experience might help others.
Yesterday I installed Guitarix according to this guide: http://bcacciaaudio.com/2018/01/30/audi ... ack-audio/
It worked fine and I had it shut down and reopened several times.
When I was playing with the bank/preset functionality the program crashed and I couldn't make it open again.

Today I tried open it by the Terminal, but got a "segmentation fault (core dumped)" error.
The solution was to open ~/.config/guitarix/banks (in the terminal) and remove the file with the name of the bank I created yesterday (extension ".gx")(example: rm foo.gx).
Note when the guitarix opens the preset selection is pointing at the old bank/preset. Create a new bank/preset to avoid the program to crash when it realize the bank/preset is gone.

Best regards G.