Going forward from ubuntu 18.04, need X and hate systemd

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tavasti
Established Member

Re: Going forward from ubuntu 18.04, need X and hate systemd

Post by tavasti »

GMaq wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:50 pm AV Linux has been around since 2008 or so, with the exception of Ubuntu Studio (which has almost closed it's doors a couple of times) AVL is the longest running Linux Multimedia Content Creation spin out there, I've seen a lot of projects big and small come and go even multi-team projects are not immune to folding..
Yeah, and because I knew how continuation of audio-oriented distros had been problem, I simply did not want to have specialized distro, but one made for general use.
GMaq wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:50 pm AV Linux is too 'small' and not your thing..? cool but you're crazy to not look at MX Linux as one of your choices..
I ended up testing Devuan, because is had minimal changes to debian, so it felt most what I was looking for. And in my tests, is passed my acceptance criterias, so I just made 'prodction install' to my real machine. Now most of the basic stuff working, just filling the gaps with rest.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

j_e_f_f_g wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:53 pm Did I just read that tavasti is crazy about big butts?? I may have skimmed that a little too fast, but I'm going with it because it's the best gossip I heard this month. Even more scandalous than what I recently heard about raboof. And that guy is an #@!$% freak!
You mostly got it right! Correct one would be 'Tavasti is crazy and has big butt'

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

tavasti wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:13 pm I ended up testing Devuan, because is had minimal changes to debian, so it felt most what I was looking for. And in my tests, is passed my acceptance criterias, so I just made 'prodction install' to my real machine. Now most of the basic stuff working, just filling the gaps with rest.
Good news! Best of luck with your new ride! :)