AVL MX21: YADbridge: wine error

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

delete000
Established Member

AVL MX21: YADbridge: wine error

Post by delete000 »

Attempting to install VST2 plugins using YADbridge gives this:

Code: Select all

Setting up VST2 and VST3 plugins using:
- /home/ko/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-vst2.so
- /home/ko/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-vst3.so

Finished setting up 29 plugins (0 new), skipped 0 non-plugin .dll files

Warning: Could not run 'yabridge-host.exe'. Wine reported the following error:

wine: could not load kernel32.dll, status c0000135

Make sure that you have downloaded the correct version of yabridge for your distro.
    This can also happen when using a version of Wine that's not compatible with this version of
    yabridge, in which case you'll need to upgrade Wine. Your current Wine version is '6.22'.
    See the link below for instructions on how to upgrade your installation of Wine.

https://github.com/robbert-vdh/yabridge#troubleshooting-common-issues
The .so files are generated but are unusable in my DAW (Mixbus).When the DAW scans the corresponding plugins folder, there are a bunch of pop-ups complaining of wine errors. What gives?
delete000
Established Member

Re: AVL MX21: YADbridge: wine error

Post by delete000 »

Solved by adding the winehq repo for bullseye and upgrading to wine-staging 7.22. Again, obvious in retrospect. The manual does say it should just work out of the box, so perhaps a warning that this might not be the case is warranted?

Both minor issues I had with AVL MX21 are now sorted out and I am a happy camper. Impressive work @GMaq, thanks much.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

I can't reproduce this issue on the LiveISO, Wine-Staging and Yabridge are working herea as expected.. Did this happen after installing and updating Wine-Staging from the default MX Repos? I can make no guarantees beyond what goes on the ISO, if a Wine-staging update breaks stuff that's beyond my control. This is exactly why I put facilities in the AVL-Assistant to lock a working version of Wine-Staging down.
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

delete000 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:00 pm Solved by adding the winehq repo for bullseye and upgrading to wine-staging 7.22. Again, obvious in retrospect.
Hmmmm. Wine is as old as wine/time and your average basic Wine install should be be able to simply "do things" Windows nowadays. On the other hand, some software (new VST's) may "use" the Windows system in such an unexpected way that Wine is behind and only the latest Wine-staging for the WineHQ repo will work. And some Win software will never work (Office?).
delete000 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:00 pm [...] I am a happy camper. Impressive work @GMaq, thanks much.
I'm a happy camper concerning YABridge too. Thanks @GMaq. :)