SOLVED: Regretfully ditching linux...because Bluetooth Midi doesn't work...

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

pax-eterna
Established Member

Re: Regretfully ditching linux...

Post by pax-eterna »

Linuxmusician01 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:09 am
pax-eterna wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:23 pm [...]As for connections? Well the OS does show the device for pairing, and even shows the passcode for pairing and then reports it is connected and paired! Not sure what else it can do really. That's all I can go on...if the system says its paired I have to believe that yes?
[...]
You've got it paired. And does it show up in qjackctl (or in your DAW) as a Midi device? If the WIDI-Master device is paired as a Midi device then it should show up in the 'Alsa' tab in the Connections windows from qjackctl. By the way, qjackctl has two versions of the Connections window. I always choose the classic view via: "Setup (button) > Misc (tab) > (remove check mark next to:) Replace connections with Graph button".

I seem to recall you got it paired/connected before. However, the WIDI-Master did not show up as a midi device. Can you use a Midi-keyboard with the WIDI-Master device now?
Yes as i wrote above, been playing Pianoteq nicely! Just installing my required Windows VSTs (there's only three really - I'll use native Linux for anything else) ...The widi master, while being available in standalone versions of the LV2's for some reason still will not show in Reaper? I am using ALSA though, so perhaps that may be a reason?
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Re: Regretfully ditching linux...

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

pax-eterna wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:16 pm Yes as i wrote above, been playing Pianoteq nicely! Just installing my required Windows VSTs (there's only three really - I'll use native Linux for anything else) ...The widi master, while being available in standalone versions of the LV2's for some reason still will not show in Reaper? I am using ALSA though, so perhaps that may be a reason?
That's great! Might buy me one of those WIDI Master devices myself.
pax-eterna
Established Member

Re: SOLVED: Regretfully ditching linux...because Bluetooth Midi doesn't work...

Post by pax-eterna »

Just to update this thread. I also now have it working it Reaper by using Qjackctl and linking the WIDI-Master to the Reaper port that shows there. I can even close off qjackctl after doing that and it still works as long as Reaper is open. The only downside is it needs to be done on a session basis. I can still use ALSA in Reaper for the audio.