Ubuntu studio disco dingo

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

sigourneyanderson

Ubuntu studio disco dingo

Post by sigourneyanderson »

The Best Cordless Vacuums

You can reduce the time you waste on a vacuum by using a cordless vacuum. You are not tied down by power cords and don’t have the hassle of unplugging and switching on and off frequently.

Find More Info: Best Rated Vacuum Cleaners: Which One Is Right for You?

In choosing the best portable vacuum, you need to remember various things, such as whether you have specific needs, including pet hair, or if you want to have a vacuum that can manage more complicated messes.

You will also want to examine the relative value of the vacuum for the price and the accessories available. Check our recommendations of the best rated vacuum cleaners and read more about what to look for in a cordless vacuum.

1. Dyson v10 Absolute

The Best Rated Vacuum Cleaners of our cordless vacuum list is Dyson V10 Absolute with two cleaning heads and cyclonic suction power comparable to all the corded models. The Dyson is one of the best vacuum cleaners with a cordless design on the market. The vacuum can clean further than other designs by way of its powerheads and cyclonic operation. Stiff nylon bristles are dug onto tapestries, and dust and other contaminants are pulled up.

The cyclonic suction of Dyson provides enough power to remove large messes such as pet hair and different types of hair that are difficult to remove. And you know the best thing? When not using a powerhead for up to 20 minutes with a gear head, the Dyson V10 will run for up to 60 minutes! The Dyson is also robust. With the touch of a single button, it gets converted to a portable vacuum you can take anywhere. A comfortable docking station is situated off the ground

2. Bissell Multi Reach Plus Cordless Stick Vacuum

At a reasonable price, the Bissell is another good vacuum cleaner you can pick. It has a 22V lithium-ion battery that can power it continuously for up to 20 minutes. It also transforms into an easy-to-use portable vacuum. It is an excellent option for cars, furniture and stairs with accessories like the upholstery tool. This vacuum fits perfectly in small spaces with a smaller head width, where straight and canister versions may not match.

The built-in slit tool drops deep into tiny spaces, and the LED lights allow you to see small areas for cleaning. The compromise, of course, of this small-sized vacuum is that the Bissell is not an ideal substitute for a cabled vacuum. The soft brushes are strong on ground-in dirt but still gentle enough to be used in hardwood floors. With only one tap, the high-capacity dirt cup is easy to fill.

Do you need only a cordless vacuum for your house?

A Cordless vacuum used to be just another tool for cleaning up minor messes. They've also been popular for RVs and other small areas, but things change. Today, cordless vacuums can last longer with better battery life and suction power compared to corded ones. Many cordless versions can last up to an hour, which can be sufficient to cover a whole home.

As the batteries improve, cordless models last longer. With the improved battery life and solid vacuum strength, a cordless vacuum can be used as the only vacuum that you need in the house. Vacuums such as our top range have enough bins and batteries to clean a whole house at a reasonable price.

See Page: Best Vacuum Cleaner

If you want to own a single cordless vacuum, the most significant limitation is the battery life and bin length. If you have a cordless vacuum, you are ready to go whenever you need it.

Last edited by sigourneyanderson on Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:39 am, edited 15 times in total.
Largos
Established Member

Re: Ubuntu studio disco dingo

Post by Largos »

qjackctl is something you can use instead of ubuntu studio controls, shows that info and is available in the repository.

You can also add the kxstudio repository and install cadence again.
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

What @Largos said. If I'm not mistaken then Cadence is only in the KXStudio repositories. See this page on how to install. I hope they work in 'Ubuntu Studio' (they're meant for regular Ubuntu and Debian if I'm not mistaken).

The most common way to check xruns etc. is by using ye' olde qjackctl. That utility is in every Linux distro. Looks like this:

Good luck! :)
WforWoollyMammoth
Established Member

Post by WforWoollyMammoth »

Ubuntu Studio Controls are stated to be incompatible with Cadence. I don't know why exactly that is the case. Since I started using Ubuntu Studio Controls, I've not had a need to install Cadence.

QjackCtl can be opened after JACK and everything else that has been started with Studio Controls (at startup, typically). You don't need to use QjackCtl to start JACK, you can simply use it as a monitoring app.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

WforWoollyMammoth wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:28 am Ubuntu Studio Controls are stated to be incompatible with Cadence. I don't know why exactly that is the case. Since I started using Ubuntu Studio Controls, I've not had a need to install Cadence.

QjackCtl can be opened after JACK and everything else that has been started with Studio Controls (at startup, typically). You don't need to use QjackCtl to start JACK, you can simply use it as a monitoring app.
Do not install the KX repos on Ubuntustudio as the repos will change / confuse the Ubuntustudio settings. You can activate the backports in Ubuntustudio. This will give you Studio controls with a xrun meter and a log window.

In case you run into problems with lightdm after activating the repos check this thread:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1361412 ... -necessary

Maybe it was not related, but that seem to solve it for me.