A challenge with installing AV Linux

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Matt73
Established Member

Re: A challenge with installing AV Linux

Post by Matt73 »

Yes, I'm reading related threads on the MX Linux forum now. Thanks guys. What a lovely, helpful, community. I will pass the kindness on in whatever way I can.
Matt73
Established Member

Post by Matt73 »

So in the end I chose the main drive and went with ESP option....The screen has gone blank but my USB stick is working. It's taking some time...No progress screen or anything. I will give it an hour before attempting anything.
Matt73
Established Member

Post by Matt73 »

My 2yr old daughter unplugged the power supply from the laptop so the battery ran out...Started the whole thing again...Just selected the blank option for all partitions in the 'use for' column and chose the hard drive (not the live USB) and it works!

When I switch the computer on, I get some kind of choice between 2 options but there are only a few seconds before it boots into avlinux..Don't know if this is normal..I mean there is no slick pulsating logo or anything but that's ok...Seems to work. Great, now I'll try it all out. Thanks!
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Matt73 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:46 pm I will pass the kindness on in whatever way I can.
Stay around for a while, shoot the breeze and show off your music. Before you know it, somebody will show up pulling their hair out desperately trying to get something to work, and you'll realize that you know the answer. 8)
Matt73
Established Member

Post by Matt73 »

Well I did do like a comedy song about switching to Linux. Please be aware that my mixing skills have come a long way since I did this:

https://matthammond1.bandcamp.com/track ... d-to-linux