Which Distro to choose for my recording studio

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

sunrat
Established Member

Re: Which Distro to choose for my recording studio

Post by sunrat »

Linuxmusician01 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:01 am I almost posted a topic with the title "Are the KXStudio repo's done?"
falkTX is the developer behind KX Studio and also Carla, Cadence, and DISTRHO plugins. He is also a primary developer of JACK. I recall reading somewhere recently that the KX repos would be keeping his own projects up-to-date but not maintaining other software due to lack of support from the community. So far LSP plugins also appear to be current but I'm not sure what else. The Ardour version from there is positively ancient (v5.12).
He unfortunately left this forum due to a dispute over sponsorship (which discontinued anyway after a brief trial).
I currently have KX repos active in Debian Bullseye and have not seen a Release file error such as you posted. These kind of errors happen occasionally but are usually resolved quickly.

So KX repos are not done for software developed by falkTX, but it may eventually be worth looking elsewhere for other software hosted there.
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Re: Which Distro to choose for my recording studio

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

sunrat wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:12 pm
Linuxmusician01 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:01 am I almost posted a topic with the title "Are the KXStudio repo's done?"
falkTX is the developer behind KX Studio and also Carla, Cadence, and DISTRHO plugins. He is also a primary developer of JACK. I recall reading somewhere recently that the KX repos would be keeping his own projects up-to-date but not maintaining other software due to lack of support from the community. So far LSP plugins also appear to be current but I'm not sure what else. The Ardour version from there is positively ancient (v5.12).
He unfortunately left this forum due to a dispute over sponsorship (which discontinued anyway after a brief trial).
I currently have KX repos active in Debian Bullseye and have not seen a Release file error such as you posted. These kind of errors happen occasionally but are usually resolved quickly.

So KX repos are not done for software developed by falkTX, but it may eventually be worth looking elsewhere for other software hosted there.
Thank you for the clear explanation. He might want to look into maintaining one single repository with his stuff (Jack, Carla, Cadence etc.), which is essential for us Linuxers. I disabled 5 of the 7 repo's and I'm still fine. Especially that ancient version of Ardour might be a nuisance for some of us...