Massive thanks to GlenQ (and others)...

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

pax-eterna
Established Member

Massive thanks to GlenQ (and others)...

Post by pax-eterna »

I must take a moment to express my sincere thanks for 1) creating this great distro Glen, and 2) for the patience and time you took to help me out with getting it all sorted.

Also a huge thanks to Sunrat for also showing great patience, and Merlyn (to a lesser extent, but still important).

Without you folks, I'd still be scratching my head "umming and ahhing" not knowing really what the hell I was doing.

I now have a nice running version of AVL MXE, completed my first Clonezilla disk image for backup, got my major VST (Sampletank) running among other things. Which I must say I would be NOWHERE near if it wasn't for Glens wonderful distro which simply just works!

So on to installing the rest of the software then on to Reaper to complete it all.

Thanks, kudos to all. Not often you come across such helpful folks on public forums, and what you do is appreciated, more than you can know!
GMaq
Established Member

Re: Massive thanks to GlenQ (and others)...

Post by GMaq »

Hi!

Well it's nice to hear that you've got it working, I would guess most everyone here has come to using Linux for Content creation from another platform at some point in the past and even with something set up to install and use like AVL-MXE there will always be somewhat of a learning curve because no matter what you use whether it is Linux, Windows, OSX, iOS, Android etc. etc. once you go beyond simply checking emails, social media and 'browser stuff' especially to the point of doing something as specialized as Audio recording the complexity is going to increase exponentially.

AVL-MXE is one of many ways to achieve this but it certainly isn't the only way nor does it do everything perfectly but hopefully using it will give you an idea of what the potential of doing Audio work on Linux has to offer and what it is all about and as you gain more experience you can fine tune a system more to your personal preferences.