A native editor

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

yardim

A native editor

Post by yardim »

Hallo,

I'm in the process of putting together a native editor for the Akai MPK Mini mk2 controller and was looking for input about what aspects of the Windows editor people like or dislike. I was going to simply port pretty much feature for feature, but ran into a youtube video where the person giving the tutorial seemed to have issues with the UI in the editor provided by Akai, so maybe others have issues with the software as well.

Anyway, what do you like about it, what would you change? Are you happy simply using the editor provided through Wine?

Currently I have a command line tool to read/display the programmed configs, write new configuration to the program locations and can load and save .mk2 files. I'm just starting work on a gui (probably GTK+ based) and for my purposes so far the layout/function of the Windows editor seems sufficient, but if it can be useful for others then I may as well look into improving on the stock tool if people have issues with how it operates.

Thanks!
Mülltonnenbox Metall kaufen / Balkongeländer
Last edited by yardim on Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tavasti
Established Member

Re: A native editor

Post by tavasti »

I suggest changing subject to something more descriptive, like 'Native editor for the Akai MPK Mini mk2'

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

barbouze
Established Member

Re: A native editor

Post by barbouze »

I have one right now if you need someone for testing.
I can't remember the original software as I used it only once to set things as needed and forgot about it.