Mixbus and Manjaro

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

lilith
Established Member

Mixbus and Manjaro

Post by lilith »

I'm testing Manjaro at the moment and might switch to it. While Ardour, Bitwig, Reaper, etc. is available I don't find any Mixbus AUR package.
But I saw that people are using it on Manjaro. Am I missing something?
GMaq
Established Member

Re: Mixbus and Manjaro

Post by GMaq »

Mixbus and Ardour are Distro-agnostic bundles of their own... Mixbus has to be downloaded from Harrison's web site. Also the Ardour devs do not support any Distribution packages of Ardour, they rely on a heavily patched build stack of the support libs and most (or probably all) distros don't have the same patched support libs so Distro Ardour packages may work... and they may not. Ardour devs expect you to use their own bundled packaging and make some sort of donation.. The exception would be AVL-MXE which provides a fully functional Ardour and the Mixbus demo bundle on the ISO.
Last edited by GMaq on Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilith
Established Member

Re: Mixbus and Manjaro

Post by lilith »

GMaq wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:33 am Mixbus and Ardour are Distro-agnostic bundles of their own... Mixbus has to be downloaded from Harrison's web site. Also the Ardour devs do not support any Distribution packages of Ardour, they rely on a heavily patched build stack of the support libs and most (or probably all) distros don't have the same patched support libs so Distro Ardour packages may work... and they may not. Ardour devs expect you to use their own bundled packaging and make some sort of donation.. The exception would be AVL-MXE which provides a fully functional Ardour bundle on the ISO.

Hi Glen,

thanks... indeed Mixbus can easily be installed also under Manjaro. I was looking for an AUR package as there is also one for Ardour.
Good to know it is not needed.