Av Linux 2020.5.10 safe to update?

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Robin Cherry
Established Member

Av Linux 2020.5.10 safe to update?

Post by Robin Cherry »

I've been happily using the spring release of av Linux 2020. I'm excited to try the new mx release but I'm midway through some projects at the moment and don't want to update until they are done. I noticed today in synaptic that there is a sizeable update. I'm curious what this update is? Does it update the spring release to the same generation as the mx release? If so will I have to fix much afterwards? Stability is important to me at the moment.

I'm really looking forward to trying the new release when I'm ready though!
GMaq
Established Member

Re: Av Linux 2020.5.10 safe to update?

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

I think Debian Buster has moved to a new point release (maybe 10.7?) so that usually makes a lot of updated Debian-specific base packages.. My advice is as always.. If you're in mid-production use the AVL Assistant to keep your browser up to date and if you're unsure about anything else leave it be until your production is done..
Robin Cherry
Established Member

Post by Robin Cherry »

Thanks, will do!

On another note I learned from your website the other day that we are both southern Ontario based, small world! Shout out from Guelph!

Robin
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Robin Cherry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:32 pm Thanks, will do!

On another note I learned from your website the other day that we are both southern Ontario based, small world! Shout out from Guelph!

Robin
Guelph huh!? What a great city, love it!

My daughter went to Uni there for 4 years.. I know it well! Used to take exactly 60 minutes from my driveway to the Uni parking lot..haha!