Carla 2.2.0 - missing choices in Patchbay

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ZestieBumwhig
Established Member

Carla 2.2.0 - missing choices in Patchbay

Post by ZestieBumwhig »

I just noticed that the right-click menu in the Patchbay tab in Carla does not give me the options it used to. I can still Connect / Disconnect / Disconnect All / Split, but there's no Remove, Replace, Edit, Custom GUI, etc. I can still get to all of these from the Rack tab.

Anyone else have this issue? I don't know if it's new Carla design (I didn't find it mentioned in KXStudio News) or some link I broke when foolishly installing new software. I did a couple of questionable things to my laptop recently (including fixing the hinge with a wood screw, and accidentally removing/re-installing Jack2), so it's definitely possible that it's something I did!

(sorry I can't include screenshots, but apparently PrintScreen doesn't work when you've got a context menu open)
ZestieBumwhig
Established Member

Re: Carla 2.2.0 - missing choices in Patchbay

Post by ZestieBumwhig »

Well, I used Systemback (which I'd luckily run for the first time just a few days before) and Carla (and Whisker Menu) are back to normal. Don't know what caused the weird problem, or what else may have been effected, but my nightmare (of mild inconvenience) is now over.