bitwig + AVL = whisker menu change!

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ZestieBumwhig
Established Member

bitwig + AVL = whisker menu change!

Post by ZestieBumwhig »

So, the darndest thing just happened. I thought I'd try Bitwig Studio, just to see what all the fuss is about. I downloaded and installed it, no problem, opened it, still fine, then, as I was opening a demo file, my computer just died. Stone cold! That never happens!

When I turned it back on, my AVLinux "start button" (menu launch) had been replaced by the default Whisker Menu button, the scaling of the Whisker Menu was different (back to Whisker defaults I assume?) and the "recent applications" was empty.

Anyway! Just an oddity is all. Everything (including Bitwig) seems to be running fine again. I'd sort of like to get back the the AVL standard menu look, but most importantly, I hope something else, deeper in the system, didn't get lost or changed without my noticing.

(and if you're wondering why it happened - well, so am I. Maybe some Jack conflict, since I was listening to a file via MPV; perhaps Bitwig assumed control in a way MPV didn't appreciate?)
ZestieBumwhig
Established Member

Re: bitwig + AVL = whisker menu change!

Post by ZestieBumwhig »

Well, I used Systemback (which I'd luckily run for the first time just a few days before) and the AVL Menu (and Carla) are back to normal. Don't know what caused the weird problem, or what else may have been effected, but my nightmare (of mild inconvenience) is now over.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: bitwig + AVL = whisker menu change!

Post by glowrak guy »

Might be good luck to post that in the Bitwig forum:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=259

Glad you had success restoring your system. Maybe Bitwig installer
had one stein too many...
Cheers