John de Murga, creator of longtime Puppy Linux forum: R.I.P

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

folderol
Established Member

Re: John de Murga, creator of longtime Puppy Linux forum: R.I.P

Post by folderol »

Thanks for letting us know. I used puppy linux for a while, and asked the usual daft NOOB questions on the forum. R.I.P. John
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Never used those forums but I understand he was a generous person. May he rest in peace and I hope his family will do OK.
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Nachei
Established Member

Post by Nachei »

Sad to hear it. I got initiated in Linux with Puppy, and for a long time it was my main distro. May he rest in peace <3
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

Hi.

I'm using Puppy Linux as may main OS since 2012. It's installed on four different computers and also to some USB flash & hard drives. Started using it in 2009/10. In the early days I made remasters from original builds to suite my needs.

Nowadays I'm using my own builds in 32bit and 64bit. Doing music (composing, recording, editing), video, graphics plus all that stuff like office, internet etc.pp. All my music and videos (except two or three older songs/videos) at YouTube and Soundcloud are made with my Puppy Linux builds.

The Puppy (murga) forum still is down. Nobody knows if it will return. So, there's a member (rockedge) who has created a new Puppy forum and lots of members from murga already registered there - incl. myself.

https://puppylinux.rockedge.org/