Manjaro - Cadence doesn't start properly?

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

kulnova
Established Member

Manjaro - Cadence doesn't start properly?

Post by kulnova »

Hi,

I'm running Manjaro KDE, I have Jack and Cadence installed successfully, and they function well. However, there's only one issue. Upon the boot up, Cadence starts automatically as setup, but no sound doesn't work, the Audio Manager doesn't show any input or output. Recently I have to Forces Restart Jack and then start again in Cadence, then everything works.

Have anyone has the same issue? Do you know how to get it fixed?
Archlinux - Reaper for Music Production
Bass Player/Vietnamese Bamboo Flute Player for my music
khz
Established Member

Re: Manjaro - Cadence doesn't start properly?

Post by khz »

Welcome!

I can't give you an exact answer but I found and watched the video on YT yesterday.
How do I prepare Manjaro KDE for audio production? >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgrqMv3Lzfk
Maybe there is some information.
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
kulnova
Established Member

Post by kulnova »

khz wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:39 am Welcome!

I can't give you an exact answer but I found and watched the video on YT yesterday.
How do I prepare Manjaro KDE for audio production? >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgrqMv3Lzfk
Maybe there is some information.
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I have watched this video and followed the instructions to setup my workstation. The issue happened, even after a fresh reinstallation. I talked to him directly under the comments, but he might not know :( I will check again.
Archlinux - Reaper for Music Production
Bass Player/Vietnamese Bamboo Flute Player for my music
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

@unfa ;-)
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

How are you starting cadence? I seem to remember having this issue when I was using cadence. I think I solved it by using the commandline option under the autostart settings of the DE. I'll have to check later but think it was cadence --start-session
Death
Established Member

Post by Death »

I also run Manjaro KDE with Cadence and I have the same issue most times I boot up. The problem for me is the PulseAudio bridge. You only need to stop and start that rather than the entire jack server (It's much more convenient this way). I have enabled the option to autostart the bridge at login but it's a mixed bag of whether it works properly or not.

Anyway, just to check we see the same thing, when you boot up and get no sound, does the volume icon on the task manager have that red symbol next to it like it's muted or something? Because that's what I see.
sergionexus
Established Member

Post by sergionexus »

kulnova wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:50 am Hi,

I'm running Manjaro KDE, I have Jack and Cadence installed successfully, and they function well. However, there's only one issue. Upon the boot up, Cadence starts automatically as setup, but no sound doesn't work, the Audio Manager doesn't show any input or output. Recently I have to Forces Restart Jack and then start again in Cadence, then everything works.

Have anyone has the same issue? Do you know how to get it fixed?
This issue drives me crazy a lot of days, and found a solution. Go to Cadence, select the Pulseaudio section under Bridges and uncheck the option that says "Auto-start at login".