Fedora Music Spin????

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

gamora77

Fedora Music Spin????

Post by gamora77 »

Has anyone tried the fedora music spin yet? There are pretty good music spins of the Linux OS out there.
nikgnomicradio
Established Member

Re: Fedora Music Spin????

Post by nikgnomicradio »

Do you mean Fedora Jam? I thought that was marked as out of date years ago

If you want a Linux audio distribution that is still active, check AVLinux or Ubuntu Studio
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Re: Fedora Music Spin????

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

gamora77 wrote:Has anyone tried the fedora music spin yet? There are pretty good music spins of the Linux OS out there.
I never ever try or use minor Linux distributions. Had this discussion years ago too. Some people use Linux as a gimmick on an extra computer on which they install a new Linux distro daily. I actually use my main computer (which runs on Linux) seriously for everything and anything daily. No way that I'm going to use a distro that's not supported well by the general Linux community and that stops being supported by the distro maker himself after a year.

The point is that such distro's have absolutely no added value. You can use the software they offer in any other Linux distro. And if you want, you can mimic their GUI on any Linux distro too. Sorry for the rant. Just hits a certain note with me. Anyway: let the distro war begin. ;)