[SOLVED] LinReaper, anyone use it? Using Reaper For Linux = Problem Solved

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Tobbe
Established Member

[SOLVED] LinReaper, anyone use it? Using Reaper For Linux = Problem Solved

Post by Tobbe »

Using Reaper For Linux = Problem Solved

Hi,

I have Reaper installed in /home/Reaper and wineasio is working perfect. Yesterday I installed Reaper with LinReaper and the installation goes to /home/.local/reaper. Start LinReaper but it doesn't recognize wineasio, no driver installed. Start Reaper from home directory wineasio is working. Anyone knows why LinReaper / wineasio doesn't works.

Using Reaper 64 Bit and wineasio 64 also

//Tobbe
Last edited by Tobbe on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Winter
Established Member

Re: LinReaper, anyone use it? Need some help

Post by Jack Winter »

I don't know the specifics of LinReaper... But I suspect that it's installed reaper in a different wine prefix? If so you need to run WINEPREFIX=/path/to/wineprefix wine64 regsvr32 wineasio. Wineasio needs to be registered in each prefix, it's not enough to just add wineasiol.dll.so to the wine install.

That said, are you aware that there is a preliminary version of reaper for linux? In spite of it being preliminary it works very well and I haven't started reaper in wine for many months by now. Most windows vsts can be run using the linvst wrapper.

More details in the wiki article in my sig.
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
Tobbe
Established Member

Post by Tobbe »

Jack Winter wrote:I don't know the specifics of LinReaper... But I suspect that it's installed reaper in a different wine prefix? If so you need to run WINEPREFIX=/path/to/wineprefix wine64 regsvr32 wineasio. Wineasio needs to be registered in each prefix, it's not enough to just add wineasiol.dll.so to the wine install.

That said, are you aware that there is a preliminary version of reaper for linux? In spite of it being preliminary it works very well and I haven't started reaper in wine for many months by now. Most windows vsts can be run using the linvst wrapper.

More details in the wiki article in my sig.
Thank you for your reply. I don't know if I do the right thing but it ain't working. I done this via terminal:

Code: Select all

tobbe@homestudio:~$ WINEPREFIX=~/.local/reaper/ wine64 regsvr32 wineasio
And I took a look at LinVST wrapper. Does seems to complicated for me. Should be easier if there was a deb file around that do all that stuff.
Attachments
Reaper from LinReaper installation...no wineasio drivers found
Reaper from LinReaper installation...no wineasio drivers found
linreaper.png (2.73 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

Tobbe wrote:Thank you for your reply. I don't know if I do the right thing but it ain't working. I done this via terminal:

What is in ~/.local/reaper ? A wine prefix contains dosdevices, drive_c, system.reg, userdef.reg, user.reg.

Was there any console output when you ran:

Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
Tobbe
Established Member

Post by Tobbe »

Jack Winter wrote:
Tobbe wrote:Thank you for your reply. I don't know if I do the right thing but it ain't working. I done this via terminal:

What is in ~/.local/reaper ? A wine prefix contains dosdevices, drive_c, system.reg, userdef.reg, user.reg.

I pointed WINEPREFIX to LinReaper installation directory. Is that wrong? I'm bad at these things, I know :)
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

Tobbe wrote:
Jack Winter wrote:What is in ~/.local/reaper ? A wine prefix contains dosdevices, drive_c, system.reg, userdef.reg, user.reg.

I pointed WINEPREFIX to LinReaper installation directory. Is that wrong? I'm bad at these things, I know :)
I don't know, that's why I added the questions above :)
Tobbe
Established Member

Post by Tobbe »

Jack Winter wrote:
Tobbe wrote:
Jack Winter wrote:What is in ~/.local/reaper ? A wine prefix contains dosdevices, drive_c, system.reg, userdef.reg, user.reg.

I don't know, that's why I added the questions above :)
Ok :D

I try to figure it out

//Tobbe
freach

Post by freach »

I was able to get the native Reaper (with Jack) running on my AVLinux system.
I actually built Reaper on my Arch linux system (through AUR) and copied the build to AVLinux and it runs fine.
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

You could probably just download and extract the tarball from Cockos. There is a copy of SWELL included in the archive. Of course that won't get the menu/mime integration, etc.
Unkle_Bonehead

Post by Unkle_Bonehead »

Is this https://github.com/Cybolic/LinReaper what you mean by Linreaper?

Just asking if it is because in your OP you said you have Reaper installed in /home/Reaper and wineasio is working perfect. That Linreaper is just an installer.

If you are looking to upgrade Reaper just download the newest tarball from Cockos and run the install-reaper.sh it will install over the top of the old one.