Video Editing in Linux

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

bhilmers
Established Member

Re: Video Editing in Linux

Post by bhilmers »

I had the same issues with Blender as in OP's video link. I love Blender, but I find it rather clumsy as a NLE. I've since moved to Shotcut which is absolutely amazing for a free piece of software (as in beer). It gets better with every release and it also comes packaged as a snap. No keyframes in Shotcut yet, but it's on the roadmap. I wish there were more Linux video options. I come from a background using Win/Mac NLEs like Final Cut and Vegas, but nothing I've seen comes close that having that professional polish (if you can even run it without crashing).
magicalex
Established Member

Post by magicalex »

It's funny how different individual experiences are. I honestly can't remember the last time Kdenlive crashed on me and when it did, the autorecovery worked well enough that I didn't lose loads of work. I agree about Shotcut - the rate of development is amazing given that it's primarily the work of one developer. I must try out the latest version.
singforme
Established Member

Post by singforme »

I think it's a bit sad that developers of Kdenlive / Openshot / Pitivi / Cinelerra / Flowblade / Shotcut / VLMC etc. all do their own thing. If they could all contribute to the same project, it would probably be up there with Vegas / Avid / etc. Just like Ardour doesn't really have a non-commercial alternative on Linux.
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

hi, for me openshot is good program for editing video,easy structure :D

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)