Firefox sound broken in last update

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Lenny
Established Member

Re: Firefox sound broken in last update

Post by Lenny »

Lyberta wrote:
Lenny wrote:like not dropping support for add-ons like NoScript etc.
How about dropping support for *ALL* extensions that did not rewrite themselves completely?
Sounds like a suicide. I also read something about Firefox's plans in collecting user statistics.

Browsers have become monsters that are "too big to fork". They have to be maintained by huge committees with proper "five year plans". Sometimes I think we (programmers) are really stupid and ignorant, and just keep on inventing things over and over again, and piling up with all this useless waste. This story expresses very well what I mean: How it feels to learn JS in 2016.
dave
Established Member

Post by dave »

I have noticed some funny numerological coincidences in this portion of the thread.

I somehow managed to mention 5G technology in my previous post and then Lyberta mentioned Firefox 57. Well if you changed the G in 5G to its number position in the alphabet; 5G would be 57. According to the Mozilla blog, the primary feature change for Firefox 57 is that it will only run WebExtensions. Change all those letters to single-digits and what do we get? :shock: :roll: :lol:

Code: Select all

W e b E x t e n s i o n s
5 5 2 5 6 2 5 5 1 9 6 5 1
5+5+2+5+6+2+5+5+1+9+6+5+1 = 57

##Reduced Numerology Method
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
─────────────────
A B C D E F G H I
J K L M N O P Q R
S T U V W X Y Z
Find more instances of 57 and you may win a special prize! (but probably not!)

Our future browser choices are looking a bit bleak. I'm guessing Midori already requires pulse. Might be time to just go full minimalist mode and use a CLI browser. Netscape helped many to flee Internet Explorer's tyranny and now who will give us refuge from Netscape?

n E t S C A P E
cousticous
Established Member

Post by cousticous »

Hello dear community,

I'm experiencing a similar Problem I guess (or should i open a new thread?):

Since the last update I have no sound in any browser (Firefox, Konqueror, Pale Moon ). Other sounds are still working.
So probably it is a flash problem, since pale moon still has alsa, right?

Anybody has similar issues or any advice?

Cheers