(SOLVED!) snd_aloop in Fedora 22

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GraysonPeddie
Established Member

(SOLVED!) snd_aloop in Fedora 22

Post by GraysonPeddie »

UPDATE as of Friday, 8/21 1:14 EDT:

Fedora users, you will need to install jack-audio-connection-kit-example clients. This package contains alsa_in and alsa_out which is needed for Cadence snd-aloop daemon to work.

Original post is below:

I have migrated from Ubuntu-based Linux distribution to Fedora to try something new and I wanted to get a2j loopback running. However, by checking the log application:

Code: Select all

Thu Aug 20 18:09:06 2015: New client 'cadence-aloop-daemon' with PID 2429
Thu Aug 20 18:09:06 2015: ERROR: Unknown source port in attempted (dis)connection src_name [alsa2jack:capture_1] dst_name [system:playback_1]
Thu Aug 20 18:09:06 2015: ERROR: Unknown source port in attempted (dis)connection src_name [alsa2jack:capture_2] dst_name [system:playback_2]
Thu Aug 20 18:09:06 2015: ERROR: Unknown destination port in attempted (dis)connection src_name [system:capture_1] dst_name [jack2alsa:playback_1]
Thu Aug 20 18:09:06 2015: ERROR: Unknown destination port in attempted (dis)connection src_name [system:capture_2] dst_name [jack2alsa:playback_2]
What could be the problem? I tried modprobing snd_aloop, but it won't let me start the snd-aloop daemon. I'm running Linux kernel 4.0.5 made from CCRMA if that helps.

I'm running the latest version of Cadence that I have recently compiled today.

Update: Oh, I should mention something: Modprobing snd_aloop (not snd-aloop, as there's only a "_") does not make a difference. I still get errors from above.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
millerthegorilla
Established Member

Re: (SOLVED!) snd_aloop in Fedora 22

Post by millerthegorilla »

that worked for me, but the file to install is

jack-audio-connection-kit-example-clients

note the hyphen in between example and clients.

Thanks a lot!
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Re: (SOLVED!) snd_aloop in Fedora 22

Post by GraysonPeddie »

You're welcome, although I haven't been using Fedora for very long. :)

At least I have some experience with different Linux distributions pertaining to setting up my desktop for music creation.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.