Pitch and speed shifting

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

totalchaos
Established Member

Pitch and speed shifting

Post by totalchaos »

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a program (or a method), for live pitch and/or speed shifting. I would prefer something with midi control capabilities. I tried playitslowly and paulstretch, but both are not working for my idea.

Here is an example of what i am trying to achieve: http://youtu.be/MXnjC3w6v60?t=8m35s

Thanks in advance,
Totalchaos
dednikko
Established Member

Re: Pitch and speed shifting

Post by dednikko »

There is a plugin called "Higher Quality Pitch Scaler" by Steve Harris that has worked well enough for me, though I don't tend to get very intense with it. It is available as LADSPA and LV2.

Here's the blurb from the site :
Higher Quality Pitch Scaler (pitchScaleHQ, 1194)
A pitch shifter implementation that scales the harmonics appropriately with the base frequencies. It is an implementation of Stephen M. Sprengler's pitch scaler design. It gives reasonable, general purpose results for small changes, but won't give Antares or Eventide anything to worry about.The FFT block size and oversampling has been kept at reasonable levels to keep the CPU usage low, but it is smoother than the other Pitch Scaler.
Pitch co-efficient
The pitch scaling factor, a value of 2.0 will increase the pitch by one octave, etc.
http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa-swh/docs/la ... th_sEc2.79
Think like a gun.
dednikko
Established Member

Re: Pitch and speed shifting

Post by dednikko »

WHOA! Nevermind that! Use rate shifter. Still from the wonderful tools from Steve Harris. It ties both pitch and speed together.

EDIT: It does seem to have a short memory and resets after a few seconds to track along with whatever is coming into the input. I wonder of a dev could lenthen that window to be practically limitless. At least make it 30 minutes so songs/samples could be stretched to oblivion. Hmm.
Think like a gun.