Help please! Crunchbang and the KXStudio repos...

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

dednikko
Established Member

Help please! Crunchbang and the KXStudio repos...

Post by dednikko »

I saw a post hinting at the idea of using Crunchbang as a base system while adding the KXStudio repositories and thus having a somewhat minimal install that is just tuned for my purposes (In this case, audio production).

I installed the KX repos with the .deb provided on this page : http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Repositories and all seemed to go well until...

:!: ... I tried to install the KXStudio meta audio package and ran into a brick wall. There is at least one unmet/unmeetable dependency in that package: Carla. I can't find Carla in Synaptic. I tried using both apt-get and aptitude to hunt down more info. Here's as far as I got, and this came to me via aptitude:

Code: Select all

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/kxstudio-debian/kxstudio/ubuntu/dists/wheezy/main/binary-amd64/Packages  404  Not Found
:?: Any recommendations as to how I can get my audio meta package to install? Is Carla even in this particular repo?

:cry: I suppose I could just nuke this partition and install KXS+Openbox, but I'd rather not have the extra stuff I don't need. It distracts me very effectively.
Think like a gun.
AnthonyCFox
Established Member

Re: Help please! Crunchbang and the KXStudio repos...

Post by AnthonyCFox »

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you. I just wanted to say, "Yea, Crunchbang!".

I just wish there was some way to do tabbed windows in Openbox, 'cause I sure miss it. :(
War, crime, disease, starvation, extreme poverty; these are serious things.
Music? Not so serious. Have some fun! :D
skavar
Established Member

Post by skavar »

I struck this problem also, so I installed what meta packages I could and then installed the rest manually, using synaptic and the origin filter. Have yet to figure out how to populate the menu... might have to install xfce menu. Still, good fun trying out crunchbang kxstudio combo
dednikko
Established Member

Post by dednikko »

falkTX wrote:The Debian repos are not complete yet, there is missing stuff. Whatever is there though works perfect.
Some time ago I removed the meta-packages to clear any confusion, but now there are in there again (to make life a bit easier on me).

Just be patient, we'll get a fully working and complete Debian repo some time later.
Well, that makes perfect sense, and I remember you saying so, now that you mention it.
falkTX wrote:@dednikko:
You added a new line to sources.list file(s) that is not supported, remove it please.
I certainly didn't do this manually. It must be part of the .deb I installed. I will remove it to get rid of the error.

Thank you for your patience. I just dropped you a small donation. You are much appreciated!
Think like a gun.