mx2482

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

alex stone
Established Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:39 am

mx2482

Postby alex stone » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:11 am

Has anyone tried this, and if so, how did you get it built?

https://github.com/jacob3141/mx2482


Alex.

UbuntuStudio 18.04 - Debian 9

User avatar
davephillips
Established Member
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: mx2482

Postby davephillips » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:34 am

alex stone wrote:Has anyone tried this, and if so, how did you get it built?

https://github.com/jacob3141/mx2482


Code: Select all

cd $HOME/src
git clone https://github.com/jacob3141/mx2482.git
cd mx2482
git submodule update --init --recursive
cd libqjackaudio
qmake-qt5 libqjackaudio.pro
make
cd ../mx2482
qmake-qt5 mx2482.pro
make


The binary will be placed in ~/src/mx2482/mx2482/bin and can be run from there or from an installation (which I haven't done yet).

Built on Fedora 23, with GCC 5.3.1. I've opened the program successfully, it appears to be good to go, but otherwise I haven't tested it at all. Looks nice. :)

Best regards and I hope that helps,

dp

alex stone
Established Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:39 am

Re: mx2482

Postby alex stone » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:28 pm

davephillips wrote:
alex stone wrote:Has anyone tried this, and if so, how did you get it built?

https://github.com/jacob3141/mx2482


Code: Select all

cd $HOME/src
git clone https://github.com/jacob3141/mx2482.git
cd mx2482
git submodule update --init --recursive
cd libqjackaudio
qmake-qt5 libqjackaudio.pro
make
cd ../mx2482
qmake-qt5 mx2482.pro
make


The binary will be placed in ~/src/mx2482/mx2482/bin and can be run from there or from an installation (which I haven't done yet).

Built on Fedora 23, with GCC 5.3.1. I've opened the program successfully, it appears to be good to go, but otherwise I haven't tested it at all. Looks nice. :)

Best regards and I hope that helps,

dp


Hello Dave, long time no hear. I hope you're well and life is good.

Thanks for the build info. It failed, with:

alex@alextone:~/github/mx2482$ make
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o aboutdialog.o mx2482/aboutdialog.cpp
mx2482/aboutdialog.cpp:27:10: fatal error: QDialog: No such file or directory
#include <QDialog>
^~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
Makefile:457: recipe for target 'aboutdialog.o' failed
make: *** [aboutdialog.o] Error 1

I have all the qt5 bits installed.

Yes it looks ok to me too, which is why i was interested in getting it going. This is more curiosity than anything else, as i still have non mixer, paired with my usual formidable linuxsampler template. :)
And importantly, the user can save the state, unlike jackmixer which needs lash to do that. (ugh)

Alex.

UPDATE: forget that, i was trying to make it from the wrong directory. All is good, and thanks again for the help! :)

User avatar
davephillips
Established Member
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: mx2482

Postby davephillips » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:02 pm

alex stone wrote:Hello Dave, long time no hear. I hope you're well and life is good.


Family matters have weighed heavily the past couple years, but we're still here. I'm still teaching, still playing and composing when I can. These days I'm not so active on Linux-specific sound/music sites. I keep up with things, I just have more immediate involvements demanding my attention.

Btw, some time ago I was deeply impressed by the music of Claude Vivier, are you familiar with his work ?

... i was trying to make it from the wrong directory. All is good, and thanks again for the help! :)


Excellent news, you are most welcome. :)

Best regards, and I hope all is well for you & yours.

dp

alex stone
Established Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:39 am

Re: mx2482

Postby alex stone » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:07 am

Yes I heard Lonely Child by Vivier some years ago. If you're a classical traditionalist it may take some tough listening to, but there are elements of his works i find compelling and interesting. Zipangu is another interesting (imho) piece of his that tests untested areas on the outer fringes of "left of mainstream."

I can tolerate most of the more esoteric of composers, but I draw the line at Schnittke's usual cacophony of self absorbed narcissism. Dreadful pile of effluent residue, imho. :)

You could also try Vivier's Disintegration.

Regards,

Alex.


Return to “Linux Distributions & Other Software”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest