When turning my sample rate above 48kHz, i.e. 88.2kHz at minimum, I get everything playing at half speed and distorting terribly, so there seems to be some mismatch there with the interface staying at 44.1kHz, or whatever is happening.
I've tried the following:
- Buffer/period settings -- don't seem to matter at all
- USB 2 and 3: same results on both
- Different PC: tried on two PCs running Manjaro / kernel 4.19 and one running Xubuntu 4.4
- Different OS: works as intended on Windows 7 Edit: correction, it can be set to 88.2kHz or more, but Windows defaults the volume to 0 so I guess it doesn't work there. I'll be contacting Focusrite support. Edit 2: updated software, it works with 88.2kHz and 96kHz now, but not higher. This is supposed to put the interface in a somewhat different mode that restricts some features afaik, and I don't have any need to go that high so I'm not going to pursue it. As such I think it's safe to say that there's an issue that can be fixed on Linux to get up to 96kHz.
- On-board settings: you can set some on-board settings in the Focusrite Control program on Windows. It doesn't seem to make a difference.
Here is some debugging information: https://gist.github.com/jorins/12779bcb ... f7b0e6a6d1