Working with multilayered custom compiled soundfont!!!

Do you typeset your scores on Linux? Share your thoughts, tips, and tricks here.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

joaquinotero
Established Member

Working with multilayered custom compiled soundfont!!!

Post by joaquinotero »

Hi, I would like to ask for a recommendation for a lightweight w/soundfont capabilities notation editor or sequencer.
My aim is to work with custom-compiled soundfonts. I have a guitar soundfont which I compiled to have powerchords on lower layer-velocities and single notes, palm mutes on higher layer velocities; in this way, I would like to enter rythm-slash for chords and regular notation for other type of notes/sounds, all in the same stave/track.
I know that tuxguitar supports multilayer staves, so I was thinking to assign (if thats doable) one layer for chords and the other for notes.

Ive just downloaded Tuxguitar with Fluydsynth and jack plugins (113MB!!!), and seq24 too.
i didnt downloaded canorus because its too heavy (909 MB!!!)

Thanks in advance.
joaquinotero
Established Member

Re: Working with multilayered custom compiled soundfont!!!

Post by joaquinotero »

So far, my first experiments went good; jack makes easy to connect midi from tuxguitar to Qsynth.
Now Im trying to simulate the stereo heavy gtr with a delay; unfortunately Qsynth only provides reverb and chorus, not a delay.
Any idea of a sampler that could provide audio delay FX or otherwise, can provide signal delay for a single midi channel?.