Odd Musescore issue

Do you typeset your scores on Linux? Share your thoughts, tips, and tricks here.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Mr. Lumbergh
Established Member

Odd Musescore issue

Post by Mr. Lumbergh »

I'm working on an arrangement that includes a piano part and I've had a bit of a frustration with Musescore. I'm attempting to play the notes in with my MIDI controller and I've gotten that working, even outputting to my DAW so I can hear it as I'm playing it. Trouble is, it's putting everything in the treble staff - lead and bass both. According to the Musescore documentation that I've read, you initiate MIDI capture by clicking on the rest for an empty measure, setting note duration, and playing the notes. All well and good, but it'll happily just add ledger lines all the way down to C0 and ignore the bass staff. If I click on the rest in the bass staff however, it'll add ledger lines all the way up from it for the high stuff. :shock:
I've spent a while fiddling with it and I still can't get it to add notes to the proper staff without resorting back to mouse clicks; has anyone else had this trouble and were you able to get it to add to both as you played?
I'm going to need you to go ahead, and come in on Sunday, too.