AVLinux wikipedia article

Discuss how to promote using FLOSS to make music.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

karm
Established Member

AVLinux wikipedia article

Post by karm »

Hello,

I have just written my very first article on wikipedia. Because there was no page for AVLinux, I chose to create one. As I am not a regular user of this distro and my english skills are limited I ask you to check if everything is allright and if not, please correct mistakes. Feel free to expand and modify the article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVLinux
Only birds fly first class
Archlinux on desktop pc.
briandc
Established Member

Re: AVLinux wikipedia article

Post by briandc »

Complimenti!!

I've preferred KXStudio over AVLinux, as I had some problems with AVLinux when I installed it (don't remember what now..). But it's good to see the word getting out.

Can we add one for KXStudio? (falkTX?)

brian
Have your PC your way: use linux!
My sound synthesis biome: http://www.linuxsynths.com
karm
Established Member

Post by karm »

briandc wrote:Complimenti!!
Thank you!
briandc wrote:Can we add one for KXStudio? (falkTX?)
Yes, everybody can. You can. Just create an article on Wikipedia. It is really simple and the tutorial on writing articles is written in clear and easy to understand way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tutorial . Please, take your time and write one. This is easy and we can't just sit and watch others doing valuable things. We can participate. FalkTX is doing amazing work and asking him to do this easy task is a waste of his time and abilities. Just my humble opinion.
Archlinux on desktop pc.
briandc
Established Member

Post by briandc »

karm wrote:
briandc wrote:Complimenti!!
Thank you!
briandc wrote:Can we add one for KXStudio? (falkTX?)
Yes, everybody can. You can. Just create an article on Wikipedia. It is really simple and the tutorial on writing articles is written in clear and easy to understand way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tutorial . Please, take your time and write one. This is easy and we can't just sit and watch others doing valuable things. We can participate. FalkTX is doing amazing work and asking him to do this easy task is a waste of his time and abilities. Just my humble opinion.
I totally agree that it should be his job to do it; but he should probably have the say in how to lay it all out. I'd be happy to start it, but I don't know if I have the expertise and right vocabulary to get it right.

brian
Have your PC your way: use linux!
My sound synthesis biome: http://www.linuxsynths.com
karm
Established Member

Post by karm »

I had the same concerns but in the end I realized it doesn't matter. Someone has to start and then somebody will improve small part of the work and in the end it will be done. Try it ;)
Archlinux on desktop pc.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

karm,

I didn't know this thread was here, i don't often get down this far at LM's

Wow thanks for taking the time to do this, it is appreciated! I am always amazed by the large numbers of folks from non-english countries who write with such precision in a non-native language. Great job!

If you want some more specific background info on AV Linux or any other resources for the wiki article please feel free to PM me here, or at the AV Linux forum if you are a member there. I realize I can also edit the page but I'd feel kind of weird about it, I think wiki's are better written from a 3rd party point of view then is more pure information than advertising.
karm
Established Member

Post by karm »

GMaq wrote:karm,

I didn't know this thread was here, i don't often get down this far at LM's

Wow thanks for taking the time to do this, it is appreciated! I am always amazed by the large numbers of folks from non-english countries who write with such precision in a non-native language. Great job!

If you want some more specific background info on AV Linux or any other resources for the wiki article please feel free to PM me here, or at the AV Linux forum if you are a member there. I realize I can also edit the page but I'd feel kind of weird about it, I think wiki's are better written from a 3rd party point of view then is more pure information than advertising.
Thank you Gmaq! I wanted to help somehow and had some free time so I just sat and wrote this little article. I hope in the near future I will be able to help in a more useful way for example by writing some piece of code. Maybe after I finish my BSc thesis ;)
Archlinux on desktop pc.