Open Source and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Discuss how to promote using FLOSS to make music.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

khz
Established Member

Re: Open Source and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Post by khz »

Thank you for all the information that will help us all. :freedom:
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
raboof
Established Member

Re: Open Source and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Post by raboof »

42low wrote:Would you really like to delete good posts? Good advices? Good explanations? Drag good topic out off the line story within?
What if, what you see on other forums, it once would happen that a core group runs away, and 60% of the topics gets deleted? What would remain?
I already answered this one above: of course I'd prefer not to delete the users' posts, but if they ask for it it is simple to do and I'll do it. In my experience the kinds of people who would ragequit like that aren't the kinds of people who share the most useful contributions anyway ;).
42low wrote:For open source software i don't see the dilemma. Does open source gather private information like some mobile apps and so on do?
The theoretical problem here would be when someone ragequits a project, he demands that all his code (which can be traced back to him due to version control) be removed, leaving the project in a pickle. I haven't read up on this case specifically, but I'm pretty sure the project would not in fact be forced to remove such data - which was, after all, consciously and explicitly contributed under a license detailing the terms of the contribution.