PulseAudio stops

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

LinMusGuy
Established Member

PulseAudio stops

Post by LinMusGuy »

PulseAudio no longer automatically starts when I turn on my computer. I can then restart PulseAudio in my terminal, but it gives a lot of error messages:

Code: Select all

pulseaudio
E: [pulseaudio] module-alsa-card.c: Failed to find a working profile.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-alsa-card" (argument: "device_id="2" name="usb-Alesis_Q25-00" card_name="alsa_card.usb-Alesis_Q25-00" namereg_fail=false tsched=yes fixed_latency_range=no ignore_dB=no deferred_volume=yes use_ucm=yes card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1""): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-alsa-card" (argument: "device_id="2" name="usb-Alesis_Q25-00" card_name="alsa_card.usb-Alesis_Q25-00" namereg_fail=false tsched=yes fixed_latency_range=no ignore_dB=no deferred_volume=yes use_ucm=yes card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1""): initialization failed.
This is my computer:
computer.png
computer.png (47.69 KiB) Viewed 4702 times
What is wrong here?
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Re: PulseAudio stops

Post by LinMusGuy »

I tried all kinds of suggestions on the internet, and finally one of those suggestions worked. It was something with two config-files of PulseAudio, but I don't remember exactly how I did it. And I can no longer find the post on the internet that explained how to do it.
milkii
Established Member

Post by milkii »

One trick at least for PulseAudio is just to move or delete the user config files and let PA recreate them from scratch so you're back at the basic config state, has worked for me more times than not.

Another option is to move to PipeWire, which encompases and connects PulseAudio, JACK, etc. apps.

they/them ta / libreav.org / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages / gh

LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

milkii wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:40 pm One trick at least for PulseAudio is just to move or delete the user config files and let PA recreate them from scratch so you're back at the basic config state, has worked for me more times than not.
That is probably what I did.
Another option is to move to PipeWire, which encompases and connects PulseAudio, JACK, etc. apps.
When will PipeWire become available in the Linux Mint repositories?