AVL MXE multiple problems

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

TAERSH
Established Member

AVL MXE multiple problems

Post by TAERSH »

Hi.

Apart from the fact that the problem with Thunar and other internal hard drives remains, there's some other problems. Since I created all partitions running my OS as ROOT, all partitions are owned by the user ROOT. So, there's no chance to write to these partitions without doing a SUDO.

The other problems:

1. Internet not working

When I tried AVL MXE the first time, I recall being online and doing a post in this forum. I used WVDIAL to connect to the web and WVDIAL used a .cfg file I grabbed from another OS I have in use sometimes. I connect to the web by this OS using wvdial without any problems. But tonight, there was no chance to connect to the web using AVL MXE. The terminal said something like ENTRY DIALER NOT FOUND in wvdial.cfg file. It's the exactly same version of wvdial.cfg I used tonight, that has been used before.

I'm connecting to the web using a 3G USB modem, which works fine in every else OS I use.
Network configuration doesn't list it as device.

2. Can't install .deb packages

Since I can't connect to the web, I downloaded the latest Qtractor .deb via repository https://launchpad.net/~rncbc using another OS.
I downloaded the versions for Focal and Hirsute. The version for Focal installs and works fine in my ArtStudioX64 which is based on Focal.
Trying to install these packages in AVL MXE gives an error message. Since the installer's GUI quits/crashes immediately, I can't say anything about the error message.

I got another .deb package of the latest Qtractor which I created by myself (using ArtStudioX64) from a compiled Qtractor source code which installs fine in AVL MXE. Though, I can't run/use it, as it is missing Qt 5.12 which doesn't seem to be installed in AVL MXE.

3. AVL MXE somehow crashes my main partition (/mnt/sda1) where all my other operating systems are installed

After trying all that stuff mentioned above, I booted my daily main OS, ArtStudio64. Though, it did't boot anymore the way it does usually.
Yes, it booted into the graphical desktop, but it never finished for real, as the dashboard won't appear anymore on the screen after X being active.
After removing ArtStudio64's installation directory and copying over a backup from USB hard drive it boots fine again. The dashboard appears as usual.

Since the dashboard is located in the main .sfs (squash file, nempup_ArtStudio64_1.0.0.sfs) AVL MXE at least attacked this file in particular.
But since replacing this file with a backup version didn't change anything on the boot issue, it might has attacked the whole installation directory of my ArtStudio64.

And it is doing this by running/booting from /mnt/sdc1.