Alternating dissorted and normal sound form my soundcard.

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ClaudeXavier
Established Member

Alternating dissorted and normal sound form my soundcard.

Post by ClaudeXavier »

I use cadence to config my jack audio on my Ubuntu 20.04 laptop. I use attached script to start jack audio and connect my audio interface (behringer UMC204HD) and my audio output from my silent piano.
When jack audio is started I do not get xruns.
The problem is when I play on my piano I hear a bit dissorted sound in my headphones, although a use a normal sound level (no clipping ligths flashing on my audio interface). When I continue to play on my piano for a while the dissorted sound disappears and normal sound appears.
But when I continue the dissorted sound returns.
When I wait a while, the same cycle of dissorted sound, normal sound and dissorted sound returns.
When I listen with my headphones on my audio interface directly I hear normal sound all the time.
I hear this alternating dissorted and normal sound on my headphones when connected to my internal soundcard of my laptop.
Is anyone familiar with this effect?
What jack or cadence setting can I use to solve this problem, so I will get normal sound all the time?
Attachments
x1.sh.tar.gz
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
LAM
Established Member

Re: Alternating dissorted and normal sound form my soundcard.

Post by LAM »

Hi @ClaudeXavier,
is the distorted sound present also if you record?

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

ClaudeXavier
Established Member

Post by ClaudeXavier »

I do not know. My intention is to use jack audio for the Jamulus program to create music online.
So I did not test to record the sound.
ClaudeXavier
Established Member

Post by ClaudeXavier »

Is it possible that it is a kind of buffer effect which gradually gets full and then gradually empties,
because it starts with a dissorted sound for about gradually 30 seconds. But when I play on,
for thta 30 seconds it disappears again. Then when a play on again for also sometime (about 30 til 50 seconds)
the dissorted sound returns. Then when a pause for a while I start with normal sound, but then after sometime
it gets dissorted again, and if I play on if gets normal again.
In this it alternates between dissorted sound and normal sound.
By the way, I hear this effect on my headphone which is connect to my soundcard and I hear this effect either when sound comes from
jacks' audio playback or when the output of the Jamulus program is connected to jack audios' playback. Please see attached script, which I use to start jack audio, Jamulus and make the connections.

But when I run the scrip realtimeconfigquickscan (https://github.com/raboof/realtimeconfigquickscan) I get the output which you can see in attached png picture file.
Attachments
output_realtimeconfigquickscan.png
output_realtimeconfigquickscan.png (48.21 KiB) Viewed 5112 times