Cannot get rakarrack to work

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

cleanrat

Cannot get rakarrack to work

Post by cleanrat »

Hi, will anyone please help me set up rakarrack?
I have Xubuntu 20.04 installed on my PC.

What I tried to do:
- plug my guitar into the PC's "In" (blue) audio socket (tried the "Mic" socket, too, with no success),
- start qjackctl and run it,
- start rakarrack and try to play the guitar.

There is no sound from my guitar, and rakarrack does not show any signs of processing sound.
The loudspeakers do work when I listen to an audio file in a player.
robin
Established Member

Re: Cannot get rakarrack to work

Post by robin »

I don't know rakarrack, but since nobody answered yet here are some generic things you could check:

Is your jack server actually running, and using the correct hardware? Might also start jack by command line to see possible errors, as far as I remember qjackctl creates a .jackdrc file in your home folder containing its startup line.

Is rakarrack connected to your system input/output in the jack patchbay? Is it even showing up?

You could also disable pulseaudio before starting jack ("systemctl --user stop pulseaudio.socket" should do the trick)
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

That was my thought as well, it's probably that you haven't set up your signal routing. Check the patch bay, make sure that your guitar input is routed to rakarrack, and that rakarrack's output is routed to your speakers.
ycollette
Established Member

Post by ycollette »

On my side, I use this repository of rakarrack:
https://github.com/ycollet/rakarrack
I forked the original rakarrack repository and added some patches I found in the debian package + I added a fix in WaveShapper.

to be able to here a sound with rakarrack, you first must click on the "ON" button located at the top-right.
Technojunky
Established Member

Post by Technojunky »

Did you get Rakarrack working yet? I couldn't get it working either. I thought it was at a lower level but it turned out to be Jack that was not setup correctly, for me. This is my working setup, try it.
Attachments
QjackCtl_working.png
QjackCtl_working.png (58.69 KiB) Viewed 879 times