Ardour and Mixbus metronome issue

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

willmorrison
Established Member

Ardour and Mixbus metronome issue

Post by willmorrison »

Hey there,
Been using Ardour for years, and recently started playing with Mixbus, and now, for some reason I am having the same issue in both. This is on a new install of AV Linux. I have the metronome enabled for record only, it's in red like it always is. I click to go into record, and no metronome. It's set to use the stock sound, never had an issue with it before, but it's happening on both programs. Otherwise, monitoring is happening just like it should. What happened to my metronome? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Ardour and Mixbus metronome issue

Post by sysrqer »

Have you checked to see where it is routed? It's been a while since I used ardour but I vaguely remember you can set the metronome to go to another output.
willmorrison
Established Member

Post by willmorrison »

sysrqer wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:48 pm Have you checked to see where it is routed? It's been a while since I used ardour but I vaguely remember you can set the metronome to go to another output.
I will check for that. I have no idea why it would have moved in either program, especially since the last time I used it everything was working fine. Haven't done a reinstall, never changed anything, it just suddenly doesn't make a sound. I'll look into that, thanks.
willmorrison
Established Member

Post by willmorrison »

sysrqer wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:48 pm Have you checked to see where it is routed? It's been a while since I used ardour but I vaguely remember you can set the metronome to go to another output.
Yep, that was it. For some reason, jack had turned it off entirely, no connection. A few clicks and I'm back in business. Thanks very much. You would think after all this time I would know to look there, SHEESH!