Qjackctl midi patchbay

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

channelite
Established Member

Qjackctl midi patchbay

Post by channelite »

I want to use my Midisport 4x4 as a midi patchbay/router on my Linux Lite 4.8 system. So far, it works with Qjackctl either with the Patchbay or the Connect tabs. The only problem is when the computer boots up, I have to launch Qjackctl and hit Active in the Patchbay tab for it to work. Is there a way to make this connection permanent? So everytime the computer boots, I do not have to activate the connection with Qjackctl?
channelite
Established Member

Re: Qjackctl midi patchbay

Post by channelite »

So I think that all I need is to have Qjackctl's play button presses upon startup. Is that possible?
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

The first step is to auto-start qjackctl on login. I do that on my machine in the XFCE Settings > Session and Startup config window. Different DE's have different methods for this. There are also ways to do it with cron, as suggested above, or a startup script.

Step 2 is to configure qjackctl. There is an option in the qjackctl setting window to automatically start the JACK server on launch. You need that enabled.
channelite
Established Member

Post by channelite »

milo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:16 am The first step is to auto-start qjackctl on login. I do that on my machine in the XFCE Settings > Session and Startup config window. Different DE's have different methods for this. There are also ways to do it with cron, as suggested above, or a startup script.

Step 2 is to configure qjackctl. There is an option in the qjackctl setting window to automatically start the JACK server on launch. You need that enabled.
Thanks, I got it to work!