Cadence and Qjackctl

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

Cadence and Qjackctl

Post by funkmuscle »

Hey guys, in Qjackctl, I have 2 profiles set up. One for recording and one for mixing.
I have Mixbus 32C and that's a hell ride trying to record with low latency so I use it only for mixing.

I record mostly with Ardour, MusE, LMMS, etc., using low latency profile.

Is it possible to set up 2 profiles in Cadence?
thetotalchaos
Established Member

Re: Cadence and Qjackctl

Post by thetotalchaos »

You can change the sample rate and the frames/period from Catia or Claudia, or create audio or midi bridges from Cadence itself. All of this in real time (not necessarily during the live session though :wink: )
You can listen to my music at: https://totalchaos-music.bandcamp.com/

Take a journey to wonderland with The Butterfly Effect 2016
https://totalchaos-music.bandcamp.com/a ... fly-effect
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: Cadence and Qjackctl

Post by funkmuscle »

thetotalchaos wrote:You can change the sample rate and the frames/period from Catia or Claudia, or create audio or midi bridges from Cadence itself. All of this in real time (not necessarily during the live session though :wink: )
Wow that's good to know! Thanks. But could all that be saved as in a profile? Qjackctl allowed me to create one profile for recording which I get some really good low latency on that and then for mixing another profile because Mixbus is a resource hog as we all know. I find it now to that even at not so low latency if I use my sound interface to do the monitoring I can actually record small things like if I'm fixing up a Guitar part or something without having to switch profiles so that's a bonus but it's just that I'm hearing from everybody that Cadence is the way to go so I just needed to know that it was possible before I decided to go that way but I really and always loved qjackctl.
I think we had this discussion on Facebook when you helped me the other day didn't we?