nvidia and wine not working too well

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

sysrqer
Established Member

nvidia and wine not working too well

Post by sysrqer »

I have an ongoing project using wine, reaper, and some windows plugins, but I am having some trouble with the nvidia driver and the guis of some plugins. Reaper itself works fine but certain plugins cannot draw their gui properly with the nvidia driver, such as Ozone 7 and Fabfilter ProQ. They do work under the nouveau driver but I have some other problems with that so I am trying to avoid using it.

Is there something I can tweak or set either in wine or the nvidia driver to fix this problem? I am using kde plasma 5 if that makes any difference.
progwolff
Established Member

Re: nvidia and wine not working too well

Post by progwolff »

If your issues have to do with 3d acceleration, you might want to try the Direct3D-related registry keys: https://wiki.winehq.org/Useful_Registry_Keys
Especially VideoMemorySize, VideoPciDeviceID and VideoPciVendorID should be set.
You might also try different values for DirectDrawRenderer and UseGLSL.
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: nvidia and wine not working too well

Post by sysrqer »

progwolff wrote:If your issues have to do with 3d acceleration, you might want to try the Direct3D-related registry keys: https://wiki.winehq.org/Useful_Registry_Keys
Especially VideoMemorySize, VideoPciDeviceID and VideoPciVendorID should be set.
You might also try different values for DirectDrawRenderer and UseGLSL.
Thanks for the hints. I just installed nvidia again and tried setting/adjusting those values but none of them so far make a difference unfortunately. I'm taking a look at some of the others ones as well but I don't see anything particularly obvious that might be causing a problem.