KXStudio: Can't get second USB sound card to work over a2j-bridge

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Dschonni

KXStudio: Can't get second USB sound card to work over a2j-bridge

Post by Dschonni »

Hey there!

I am building up a very small studio environment in my room using KXStudio (really nice stuff btw :wink: ). I am using a small Focusrite Saffire USB audio interface for Microphone and Guitar input and everything worked like a charm so far. Now as i want to integrate my Fantom G synthesizer, I'm experiencing some problems. Since this synth supports USB audio, my plan was to add it in Jack using alsa_in or preferrably zita-a2j. Unfortunately I don't get this to work. I tried both alsa_in and zita-a2j with different settings but there is never any sound coming out of the resulting Jack module. While alsa_in does not complain, zita-a2j repeatedly tells me there are huge timing problems and it's going to suspend for 15 seconds (and that Jack might be in freewheeling mode, which I don't think it is).

The synths sound card is working and ALSA seems to handle it, since I get the whole environment to work selecting the Fantom G as native sound card in Jack and adding my Focusrite audio interface through the zita-ajbridges. But this limits me to 44k1 sampling rate instead of 96k. So I think it is an issue concerning the a2j-bridging-resampling-etc thing.

I also tried using a fresh KXStudio live USB stick to ensure I didn't mess something up with installing/removing software and I got the same error there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Dschonni
Dschonni

Re: KXStudio: Can't get second USB sound card to work over a2j-bridge

Post by Dschonni »

No ides for this?

My alternative attempt would be using the synth's SPDIF output toghether with a cheap USB sound card that has an SPDIF input. Do you think this would likely work or would that be too error prone?

Cheers,
Dschonni
Frank Carvalho
Established Member

Re: KXStudio: Can't get second USB sound card to work over a2j-bridge

Post by Frank Carvalho »

Just a thought. Could it be that the USB defaults to another sample freq than your setup?
Vox, Selmer, Yamaha and Leslie amplifiers. Rickenbacker, Epiphone, Ibanez, Washburn, Segovia, Yamaha and Fender guitars. Hammond, Moog, Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Crumar, Ensoniq and Mellotron keyboards. Xubuntu+KXStudio recording setup.