optional saving of carla patchbay connections?

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

didgewind
Established Member

optional saving of carla patchbay connections?

Post by didgewind »

hi there. I am using carla 2.0 beta 4 from 6th of April build, with a process mode of multiple clients.

I've got a small issue i don't know how to confront. Whenever I press 'save' button for my project, plugins and plugins state are saved, but carla patchbay connections are also saved. This is not bad in itself, the thing is that sometimes I want them saved and sometimes not.

My scenario: I've got all my setup and all my connections. Then I change some connections (through patchage, jack patchbay or carla patchbay, I don't mind) just to test some other configuration. I add some plugins to carla, try some stuff, I am happy with the outcome and press save - and not only the plugins rack is saved, but also the 'test' connections I made before.

Another (more troublesome) scenario: my soundcard has 6 outputs. When I am practising at home I mix everything in stereo, so I am only using 2 outputs. When I play a gig, I use all 6 outputs individually. With jack patchbay I switch between 2 configurations, but as carla patchbay remembers all connections by default, the moment I press save in carla just to save my plugins configuration, sometimes I end up with instruments playing in stereo and in 6 speakers at the same time.

So, is there any way to tell carla to save only plugins state, and not connections? Or another way to play safe?

tx
didgewind
Established Member

Re: optional saving of carla patchbay connections?

Post by didgewind »

tx. And good work.

When I get some money I'll donate some.